GULC EIW 2017 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: GULC EIW 2017

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any offer movement generally? Would be nice to know. Thread has been a little quiet on that front.
Lots of offer movement in NY

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offer movement generally? Would be nice to know. Thread has been a little quiet on that front.
And in Boston.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
And in Boston.
Yeah? Can you give details? I did CBs with Goodwin and WilmerHale earlier this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Anyone hear from Akin DC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
And in Boston.
Yeah? Can you give details? I did CBs with Goodwin and WilmerHale earlier this week.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=280685

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
And in Boston.
I meant specifically Georgetown students. If handled like some other firms, they're probably looking for a certain number of Georgetown students. BU/BC/Harvard almost certainly will have different turnaround times/expectations from the Boston offices.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
And in Boston.

I meant specifically Georgetown students. If handled like some other firms, they're probably looking for a certain number of Georgetown students. BU/BC/Harvard almost certainly will have different turnaround times/expectations from the Boston offices.
I have received/know of classmates who have received offers from Goodwin, WilmerHale and Ropes - and post-cb dings from Goodwin and ropes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:56 am

Anonymous User wrote: I have received/know of classmates who have received offers from Goodwin, WilmerHale and Ropes - and post-cb dings from Goodwin and ropes.
Thanks for the update and congrats on your offers! If you (or anyone) received an offer from WilmerHale, did you first get an email saying:

"We enjoyed meeting with you... Your candidacy is under review... as soon as we have a decision we will notify you"

Received a few days after the CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
And in Boston.

I have received/know of classmates who have received offers from Goodwin, WilmerHale and Ropes - and post-cb dings from Goodwin and ropes.
Hi there, do you know how long it took to get an offer from Ropes after CB?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Turnaround time from cb -> offer for L&W NYC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:38 pm

I received the below email from the Legal Talent Assistant at Cooley (Reston). As background, I did my callback on 8/16 and was originally told it would take up to 3 weeks to be notified either way. Does this hint at good news or seem like one of those "continued interest" backup candidate emails?

"I hope that your week has gone well. I wanted to touch base with you as we are wrapping up the last of our callbacks. Hopefully, we will have an answer for you by early next week. I know that our attorneys enjoyed meeting you, as did I. Since we have a small summer program, our process takes a little longer, but please do not view this as a sign of disinterest! Have a wonderful weekend."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything from:

Stradley Ronon
Fox Rothschild
Morris Manning & Martin
Mintz Levin

?
Haven't heard from Stradley. Anyone receive a CB or offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received the below email from the Legal Talent Assistant at Cooley (Reston). As background, I did my callback on 8/16 and was originally told it would take up to 3 weeks to be notified either way. Does this hint at good news or seem like one of those "continued interest" backup candidate emails?

"I hope that your week has gone well. I wanted to touch base with you as we are wrapping up the last of our callbacks. Hopefully, we will have an answer for you by early next week. I know that our attorneys enjoyed meeting you, as did I. Since we have a small summer program, our process takes a little longer, but please do not view this as a sign of disinterest! Have a wonderful weekend."
It literally says do not take this as a sign of disinterest. I would just have some faith. Maybe they are just trying to make sure everyone is the right fit. They would let you go if they had enough people to fill the class.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:08 pm

anyone else with 3.5+ has no offer yet? I got only 2 CBs and is probably going to be rejected by both of them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received the below email from the Legal Talent Assistant at Cooley (Reston). As background, I did my callback on 8/16 and was originally told it would take up to 3 weeks to be notified either way. Does this hint at good news or seem like one of those "continued interest" backup candidate emails?

It literally says do not take this as a sign of disinterest. I would just have some faith. Maybe they are just trying to make sure everyone is the right fit. They would let you go if they had enough people to fill the class.
Thank you for giving me hope! It's a rough process.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone else with 3.5+ has no offer yet? I got only 2 CBs and is probably going to be rejected by both of them.
On a journal?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone else with 3.5+ has no offer yet? I got only 2 CBs and is probably going to be rejected by both of them.
On a journal?
Different anon. 3.82 on law review, but transfer. Same. 2 cbs probably getting dinged on both.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
On a journal?
No...totally collapsed after the final

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
On a journal?
What geographic markets did you bid?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
On a journal?
What geographic markets did you bid?
DC and NYC~
Probably too aggressive in my bidding strategy. I mainly targeted V40 firms.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Very rough. I heard today 50% don't get CBs. You are not alone in the struggle.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

If you're not a firm's first choice hopefully you hear back if/when their first choice goes elsewhere.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Anything either way from:

Cohen & Grigsby (Pittsburgh)
Duane Morris (Phily)
Potter Anderson (Wilmington, DE)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Cohen sent me a ding via snail mail last week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

If you're not a firm's first choice hopefully you hear back if/when their first choice goes elsewhere.
Email recipient here: Cooley offer @ 6 p.m. from Cooley Reston. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”