Texas vs national firms in Houston Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Texas vs national firms in Houston

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 13, 2017 11:44 am

Just finished 1L at a lower T14 and am starting to look at the OCI list. Hopefully my grades be good enough (waiting for grades still), and I am originally from the Houston area and want to practice corporate there. What is the general opinion of going to an establish Texas based firm versus a national firm there? I keep seeing articles of national firms taking over but just want to know if this is true?

Anonymous User

Re: Texas vs national firms in Houston

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 13, 2017 12:35 pm

TLS has posters who work in "Texas Firms" and "National Firms" in Houston. Your post is very vague and it's hard to respond to it. What specifically are you asking? What specific information are you looking for?

Right2BearArms

Bronze

Re: Texas vs national firms in Houston

Post by Right2BearArms » Sat May 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:TLS has posters who work in "Texas Firms" and "National Firms" in Houston. Your post is very vague and it's hard to respond to it. What specifically are you asking? What specific information are you looking for?
I work in the Houston office of a "National" firm. At the top end, there is very little difference in the type of work and exit ops.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask, or PM me if you want to ask more privately.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”