Thoughts on CA Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH)? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thoughts on CA Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH)?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Does anyone here know what the CA Department of Fair Employment & Housing is like? It would be awesome if someone here could tell me a bit about how DFEH hiring works or even just what their opinions/experiences with the agency are!!!

I'm a public interest 3L from a t10 with below median grades (solidly in the vale of tears rn), and I applied for their Civil Rights Honors Program (http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/files/2017/03/Ci ... 170203.pdf). I just learned I received list eligibility in one of the reachable ranks, but I have...no idea what that actually means. I'm going to keep papering the state of CA with my application materials, of course, but this sounds like a dream job so I want to temper my hopes/expectations with some actual data points.

Return to “Legal Employment”