Missed RSVP to firm event Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Missed RSVP to firm event

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Hello. I wanted to request input on a silly situation. I'm currently a 2l who is going to a firm this coming summer. Over the last few weeks, our firm has hosted events with us incoming summers--sadly, in the process of responding to one of them, I must have accidentally marked emails from the firm as spam, and did not realize that I did so until today. Which means that two of the last events and their corresponding emails were sent to the spam folder without my rsvp.

I'm wondering if I should send a light apology and explanation to the event coordinator/recruiting manager, or whether I should just stop fussing.

Tldr; missed responding to firms event invitations. Wondering if big deal, and I should explain why or just focus on responding in a timely fashion from now on.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Re: Missed RSVP to firm event

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:46 pm

How big of a class? And are you in the firm city?

I'd probably apologize regardless, but this definitely looks worse if a small class and you are in town.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Big entering class. But the event was for students at my school, so I was just one of around ten other students.

I have been able to attend the past events, after having been notified through word of mouth. It's just a matter of not having rsvped in time.

clerk1251

Bronze

Post by clerk1251 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Big entering class. But the event was for students at my school, so I was just one of around ten other students.

I have been able to attend the past events, after having been notified through word of mouth. It's just a matter of not having rsvped in time.
If you went, I don't think it's an issue. However, if you are worried, I'd just shoot a quick email back saying something to the effect of you just noticed the firm's emails have been going to your spam folder and you apologize for not RSVPing previously, but you really enjoyed the event and thanks for having me. Something to that effect. Really short and simple.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 pm

I'd just start RSVPing going forward and stop stressing about this. You had to make an anon thread to ask TLS what to do. Just relax. You're fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

malibustacy

Bronze

Post by malibustacy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Big entering class. But the event was for students at my school, so I was just one of around ten other students.

I don't see the problem if you attended. Don't apologize or say anything about it, that'd be weirder. Only some recruiting manager will see your "apology" e-mail and say something really cheery back. Lawyers don't have time to fuss over such stupid things whether some incoming 2L-summer might have slighted their feelings by not RSVPing.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:13 pm

malibustacy wrote:

I don't see the problem if you attended. Don't apologize or say anything about it, that'd be weirder. Only some recruiting manager will see your "apology" e-mail and say something really cheery back. Lawyers don't have time to fuss over such stupid things whether some incoming 2L-summer might have slighted their feelings by not RSVPing.
Ya i agree with this. I didn't realize you had attended -- I figured you blew them off completely.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”