CA C&F: Mom opened up 5 credit cards in my name and ruined credit Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: CA C&F: Mom opened up 5 credit cards in my name and ruined credit

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:33 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:This is not an unusual or unique situation.

OP: What type of purchases were made ? Did you benefit from them ?

If the cards are paid off, then you might consider hiring a debtor's rights practitioner to help clean-up the charge-offs.

Be careful as you could make matters worse for you. It is not a big deal if the debts have been repaid.
OP here. Most of the debt was incurred for medical reasons, which I also did not know even know existed until I brought this matter to my mom's attention. There were also some purchases that did benefit me.

I will definitely look into a debtor's right practicioner. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Thanks for all of the suggestions/help everyone. I have an appointment scheduled with a C&F lawyer and am looking forward to putting this issue behind me.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”