Bottom at MVP 1L: Advice needed Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bottom at MVP 1L: Advice needed

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Deleting post. Thanks all!
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabigchina

Gold

Re: Bottom at MVP 1L: Advice needed

Post by dabigchina » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:06 pm

1 keep up the intensity. Lots of people slack off a little second semester. If you can keep on working hard you are already ahead of the curve.
2. Anxiety is your enemy. I picked up meditation second semester and it really helped my grades and general mental health. It doesn't have to be intense. Just take 10 mins out of your day, close your eyes, and concentrate on your breathing.

globetrotter659

New

Re: Bottom at MVP 1L: Advice needed

Post by globetrotter659 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:19 pm

B, B-, A- is not bottom of the class at those schools. Yes it is slightly below median but you are far below bottom. You don't have any Cs or straight B-'s. Work to avoid any more B-'s this semester. Focus on interviewing well and you should be able to get callbacks from NYC terms. If you strike out at OCI, focus on bringing up your GPA next year and prepare for 3L hiring.. I know plenty of people with worse grades than you from those schools who ended up at good NYC firms.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”