2L still searching for summer job Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L still searching for summer job

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:34 am

2L, T14, Bottom 1/4

I struck out at OCI (gpa sucks). I didn't mass mail at all. I'm assuming it's too late for big law this summer? Will it hurt to begin mass mailing now? Is it too late for mid/small firms?

I also plan on applying to in-house gigs. My gpa will jump from a 3.0 to a 3.2 (most likely) after this semester. Should I wait until I have an updated transcript with a new and improved gpa before applying to summer jobs?

Anonymous User

Re: 2L still searching for summer job

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:49 am

Same position as you, 2L T14 good gpa but am a transfer from shit school. I know at my T14 there is spring OCI for small local firms that hire law clerks. I think massmailing V100 firms is pretty much a waste of time now. If you are going to massmail, I'd wait until grades release in January if you're sure your gpa is going to improve.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:29 am

Mass mail but also apply to other opportunities.

Devlin

Silver

Post by Devlin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Mass mail midsized and small firms in your market as well as small satellite offices of biglaw in your market (if applicable). You probably missed the ship for biglaw.

Hopefully your law school has spring OCI. Make sure you get ready for that if so.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”