FTC vs. CFPB? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
deadpanic

Silver

Re: FTC vs. CFPB?

Post by deadpanic » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:16 pm

jarofsoup wrote:CFPB is the better choice. The consumer protection regs are not going anywhere even if the CFPB does.
Not so sure this is the case with Rs in full control of White House & Congress. I would not take any federal job at all right now, but definitely not CFPB.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:18 pm

deadpanic wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:CFPB is the better choice. The consumer protection regs are not going anywhere even if the CFPB does.
Not so sure this is the case with Rs in full control of White House & Congress. I would not take any federal job at all right now, but definitely not CFPB.
I second this. There are certain agencies at risk of just going away. Just please be careful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:36 pm

zot1 wrote:
deadpanic wrote:
I second this. There are certain agencies at risk of just going away. Just please be careful.
OP here. How do people see the FTC being affected? The CFPB does look like it's in for some (very) rough times.

runinthefront

Gold

Post removed...

Post by runinthefront » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Post removed...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”