Lateral Interview to Callback Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral Interview to Callback Question

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:54 pm

I had a lateral interview three weeks ago and thought it went really well. The hiring partner indicated that she was going to schedule callbacks around the first of the month and wanted the lateral to start the following month. I felt like she was hinting that I would receive a callback. It's now the seventh and I haven't heard a peep. It's a well respected mid-size boutique. I didn't send a thank you email or anything after the interview. Should I reach out to the hiring partner or will it seem desperate?

Anonymous User

Re: Lateral Interview to Callback Question

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:16 am

Hi OP, may I ask you how you got the interview and what your class range is? I'm looking to lateral within a few months as well but it seems every firm is waiting for their 1st years to join and decide if they need extra hands. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Lateral Interview to Callback Question

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi OP, may I ask you how you got the interview and what your class range is? I'm looking to lateral within a few months as well but it seems every firm is waiting for their 1st years to join and decide if they need extra hands. Thanks.
Firm website. 2nd year.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”