People with no offers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: People with no offers

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Just got dinged from my 1 CB. Have a few phone interviews with smaller firms lined up, but this marks like the 30th ding I've gotten.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:08 pm

OCI at my school. Applied to 3. Got 2 callbacks. Still waiting but it has been two weeks and others at my school have received offers from the same. Oh well. I still have my clerk position from this summer...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:58 pm

bump bc feeling anxious.

InterviewAccount

New

Post by InterviewAccount » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:45 am

Wild Card wrote:I suspect that those asking for advice on choosing among the V5 firms suffer from a loathsome social disease.
I've seen a few posts by you about this. Stop being a jerk. Everyone has their own problems. Obviously, the problem of not having an offer seems massively worse than the problem of picking between V5's, but both questions are completely fine to ask and answer for candidates. Your classmates aren't (all) these monstrous braggarts you think they are.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:53 am

InterviewAccount wrote:
Wild Card wrote:I suspect that those asking for advice on choosing among the V5 firms suffer from a loathsome social disease.
I've seen a few posts by you about this. Stop being a jerk. Everyone has their own problems. Obviously, the problem of not having an offer seems massively worse than the problem of picking between V5's, but both questions are completely fine to ask and answer for candidates. Your classmates aren't (all) these monstrous braggarts you think they are.
Some people don't know where their next meal will come from... Some people don't know what percent of their wealth to transfer from long term bonds to real estate holdings, the point is we all have problems and shouldn't judge each other.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:54 am

Bottom third grades at a T20; non-negotiable reasons for limiting job search to a specific secondary market. Job search:

1L job search: Landed awesome paying job in fucking April. Had absolutely no backup plan. Was kind of freaking the fuck out when they finally confirmed.

2L job search: Landed SA at a mid-sized ID firm in March. Job sucked. Got no-offered. Suspect I did not display sufficient enthusiasm for car-accident law. Can't blame them.

3L job search: Landed dream job at a boutique firm in late July through networking. Somehow I'm glad I got no-offered.

Keep grinding guys. I spent three years looking for a job, and it seems to have worked out in spite of my academic shitshow.

WARNING: DO NOT TAKE THIS AS REASSURANCE THAT GRADES DON'T MATTER. I have unique work experience that helped me overcome my shitty grades, and any 1L reading this should know that grades are absolutely, without question, the most important part of your job search.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Number 2 at bottom 50% ranked schools, legal experience, exracurriculars, math undergrad background + experience. Five screeners. Four dings. One painfully long waiting period after sending a follow-up email and being ignored. losing. all. hope. and i knew it was a long shot, but not this much of a long shot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”