Has anyone not been invited by a firm at OCI and applied again on their website same cycle? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Has anyone not been invited by a firm at OCI and applied again on their website same cycle?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:25 am

I was not invited by a few firms during OCI preselect. Should I go on the not-invited firms' websites and try to submit my materials this time directly through the website instead of the initial OCI simplicity process, which is now over. It may go to a different recruiter. Or should I just let it go and apply again to the same firm 3L year? I have heard of many 3L success stories of being rejected for a screener but not many about 2L.

Does this work and should I try it, any success stories?

Anonymous User

Re: Has anyone not been invited by a firm at OCI and applied again on their website same cycle?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:15 am

Think about it this way: what is the WORST possible thing that happens from you applying online? The recruiter remembers they didn't select you at pre-select, and thus denies you. IN other words, all that can happen is they say no thanks.

I don't understand why you would hesitate on this / overthink it. Re-applying may show a firm how much you are interested and they could take notice and extend an interview. Or it could result in a ding. Who cares, send the app and see what happens.

Anonymous User

Re: Has anyone not been invited by a firm at OCI and applied again on their website same cycle?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:32 am

Yes it can work this happened to me exactly. I didn't get a screener at OCI. Week after OCI ended I sent an email to the recruiter again reiterating interest with my application. I got a callback two days later and offer same day.

Firm had given a lot of offers that people didn't end up accepting, so they had extra room in their class.

Obviously rare for this to happen, but it can't hurt.

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Yes. I had three interviews and two callbacks from firms I didn't get at OCI but got after applying on their website.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:46 pm

When you say "apply on their website" did you just send your materials to the recruiting contact at the office you were interesting in? or through the firms application portal? Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When you say "apply on their website" did you just send your materials to the recruiting contact at the office you were interesting in? or through the firms application portal? Thanks.
The application portal on their website. Most of the recruiters that I sent my materials directly to told me to apply through the website anyways.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:09 pm

Similar question (I think :S)...but has anyone been rejected after a CB and somehow worked at that firm again? Maybe after 3L or lateraled?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”