BOS v. NY Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

BOS v. NY

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:49 am

I am fortunate to have offers at Ropes BOS and a V5 in NY. I want to do corporate work probably M&A/PE. I am from Boston and would prefer to be in that area long term or move somewhere else (basically not NY long term), but am worried that I might be sacrificing exit options/opportunities by not going to a V5 now. Any thoughts?

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Re: BOS v. NY

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:14 pm

If you want to stay in Boston starting at arguably the best firm in Boston will not hurt you.

ETA: Congrats btw

Platinum

Re: BOS v. NY

Post by 2014 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:58 pm

Would strongly lean Ropes here - NY is great for keeping doors open but if you may want to end up in Boston anyway there's not a great reason to not go there now. Plus Ropes will keep most of the same doors open that NY does you may just be slightly more limited regionally (just my guess - exits vary depending on the person).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”