Does MM still work at this moment? How should I MM? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Does MM still work at this moment? How should I MM?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Q from someone from lower T14 with medium grades but totally screwed up his OCI interviews.

Should that idiot start MM right now? How much chance does it usually has to result in an in-office interview? Given the fact that every T14 has conducted or is conducting its OCI, do law firms still check their emails?

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Re: Does MM still work at this moment? How should I MM?

Post by Winter is Coming » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:41 pm

Get off TLS. Go on vault, nalp, NLJ250 and email a resume to every firm in markets you have a connection to and would work.

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:52 pm

I mean you're pretty late in the process but what's the alternative? The best time to start was a few months ago, the second best time to start is right now. Best case you score a gig, worst case you're in the same position you would have been otherwise.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Yes start right now. It's OCI season so don't be discourage if you don't hear something right away.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:46 pm

You're going to be fine if you start now. MMing can be a long process. Just blast as many as possible and stay determined. Positivity is key. With your credentials you should be able to get some callbacks by mass emailing and following up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:49 pm

my friend at a large firm recently told me his recruiting department is out for OCI and wont be back until next week. He says it is the same across all large firms at the moment. So it might not be a bad idea to just hang in there for a week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You're going to be fine if you start now. MMing can be a long process. Just blast as many as possible and stay determined. Positivity is key. With your credentials you should be able to get some callbacks by mass emailing and following up.
What is your suggestion on when to follow up? 2/3 weeks? 1mo?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Two-three weeks. Timing is also important. It's better to send on monday at 9am before the rush of emails than at 4pm on a friday when yours will be buried behind all of the weekend ones. Since it's OCI week at many places, I would prepare a bunch of applications today-sunday to send first thing Monday morning.

Stay positive and hustle/apply until you have a job.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Two-three weeks. Timing is also important. It's better to send on monday at 9am before the rush of emails than at 4pm on a friday when yours will be buried behind all of the weekend ones. Since it's OCI week at many places, I would prepare a bunch of applications today-sunday to send first thing Monday morning.

Stay positive and hustle/apply until you have a job.
Thank you! Appreciate your input and will do.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”