Slow at big firm Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Slow at big firm

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:51 pm

I'm a first year corporate associate at a big firm and I am sooo slow right now. I haven't billed more than 150 hours in a month yet and have only been billing 3-4 hours a day for the past few weeks. I have asked everyone in the group for work.

I have no reason to believe I have pissed anyone off or screwed anything up. How worried should I be? Any advice on how to improve my situation?

favabeansoup

Bronze

Re: Slow at big firm

Post by favabeansoup » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Are other people in your group busy and you are the exception or our other people slow as well?

I've found that the end of summer is pretty much feast or famine in terms of deal work since everyone likes to vacation. You are either rushing to close a deal before someone takes off somewhere or holding off for the same reason. Other people may have different experiences that's just mine so far.

Toni V

Bronze

Post by Toni V » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:08 pm

I wish things would slow down, at least for a day….I’d even take a weekend day! How is everyone else doing…..slow, medium or buried?

oblig.lawl.ref

Bronze

Post by oblig.lawl.ref » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:17 pm

Hard to give general advice on something like this but I was slow af until about two months ago, billing about 100 each month this year, and have been billing 200+ each month since. Looking forward I don't see this stopping, I've already billed almost 100 this month. It's amazing how quickly things can turn and the extremes between busy times and slow times.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”