NYU Transfer EIW/OCI Bidding Advice Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Flocka

New

NYU Transfer EIW/OCI Bidding Advice

Post by Flocka » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 pm

I am currently compiling my bid list for EIW, and am looking for some advice on what level of firms I should be bidding. I went to a T1 (ranked 30-40) prior to coming to NYU, ranked in the top 15%, president of a student org at old school, and have not yet begun the NYU journal competition (it doesn't begin till after EIW). Bidding is 100% lottery based, but I dont want to end up interviewing for firms where I don't even have a shot.

I have heard that I am competitive for the same firms as I would have been if I did not transfer, more or less, but I am having trouble grappling with that concept because the school I transferred from tends to do pretty well in its region. Does this mean I should be looking to apply for schools in that region or am I competitive for some of the Big Law jobs in NY? I've contacted the career services office but to no avail.

Thank you all so much for the help!

Return to “Legal Employment”