First Half Only - Texas Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Poldy

Silver

First Half Only - Texas

Post by Poldy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:43 am

Anyone have a list of which Texas firms are first half only or which firms allow second half internships?

Anonymous User

Re: First Half Only - Texas

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:46 am

I have seen people get second half with every firm but it depends on the candidate.

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:48 am

I think the people getting second half at first half firms also worked there during their 1L summer. Let me know if there is some other way they are making it happen.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 am

Poldy wrote:I think the people getting second half at first half firms also worked there during their 1L summer. Let me know if there is some other way they are making it happen.
Oftentimes yes, but not exclusively. You just ask the recruiter (probably after you have an offer) whether you can do second half and they'll run it up the chain. Typical first half only though are Weil, JD, BB, V&E, Latham. Not sure about K&E.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:20 pm

Absent very special circumstances, K&E requires 10 weeks and does not allow splits like most traditional Texas firms. Everyone I know who asked K&E to split was rejected unless it was a special circumstance with their 1L firm, and even then people still worked 9/10 weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Absent very special circumstances, K&E requires 10 weeks and does not allow splits like most traditional Texas firms. Everyone I know who asked K&E to split was rejected unless it was a special circumstance with their 1L firm, and even then people still worked 9/10 weeks.
Rumor has it a lot of firms are moving away from splits next year entirely...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”