Removed post... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
moralsentiments

Bronze

Present or Past tense on Resume?

Post by moralsentiments » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:08 am

Sending out some Mass mails. I'm still employed with my summer job so the tense should be present, however by the time I get an interview (if I do), the internship will be over.

Do I keep it in present tense so the recruiter, etc. can see I am currently employed or put it in past tense so that if the recruiter just forwards the resume to the interviewers, they don't need an updated copy at the interview (obviously I'll bring copies just in case).

Same question applies to the dates provided. Should I put May 2016 - Present, or May - Aug 2016 (expected) or something like that?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by moralsentiments on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RareExports

Silver

Re: Present or Past tense on Resume?

Post by RareExports » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:16 am

Just put May - August 2016, they will realize that it is a summer job that will naturally and predictably terminate in August.

Keep the tense in present. They will also realize that, at the time of submission, it was a present tense situation.

moralsentiments

Bronze

Post by moralsentiments » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:17 am

RareExports wrote:Just put May - August 2016, they will realize that it is a summer job that will naturally and predictably terminate in August.

Keep the tense in present. They will also realize that, at the time of submission, it was a present tense situation.
Cool, that's how I have it now. Thanks!
Last edited by moralsentiments on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bluem_11

Bronze

Post by Bluem_11 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Alternatively if you want your resume to stick out from the pack, roll with future tense. Put the applying firm name down, and brag about the awesome crap you're going to do.

moralsentiments

Bronze

Removed post...

Post by moralsentiments » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Removed post...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”