Screener coming up, advice? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AtlantaDawg

New

Screener coming up, advice?

Post by AtlantaDawg » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:46 am

3L here, screener at a job fair coming up for a position with a big law firm in a major market.

I've had a good many screeners but only a total of 6 callbacks in law school. I think I'm an okay interviewer, every job I didn't get I was told it just came down to GPA and I got beat out.

Are there any small things I can do to really stand out during a screener? I really want this callback and the job. My best interviews have been where I talked about trips I had been on, things I like to do, etc. and I don't try to sell myself too hard but I just want to cover all my bases.

FrancisScottKey

New

Re: Screener coming up, advice?

Post by FrancisScottKey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:54 am

If there's enough time before your screener - schedule a practice/mock interview with your Career Services.

They can provide more concrete feedback on your responses to the questions you're likely to be asked: "Tell me about yourself", "Why this firm?", "Why this practice area/city/etc?"

Also, it's just a good idea to get back into the interview mindset - as a 3L you probably haven't done an interview in a few months.

Good Luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”