Journal on Resume Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Journal on Resume

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:11 pm

The school I attend automatically extends top journal membership to top 10% of class. I am within that range, but invitations have not yet been extended. Is it safe to include membership on my resume?

runinthefront

Gold

Re: Journal on Resume

Post by runinthefront » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:23 pm

No. You are not on the journal yet, so don't put it on your resume.
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Fair enough. Is it better to submit mass mail earlier and update with LR membership once formally invited? Or to wait until invitation is extended to apply anywhere?

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Fair enough. Is it better to submit mass mail earlier and update with LR membership once formally invited? Or to wait until invitation is extended to apply anywhere?
when does it normally come out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Mid- to late July.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:19 pm

Here's a related question: If I get an offer for an internship for the fall (i.e., actually get it; not expecting to get it), can I put it on my resume for OCI, even though OCI may happen before I officially start the internship? Should I, if it's related to the jobs I'm applying for?

bwh8813

Bronze

Post by bwh8813 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Here's a related question: If I get an offer for an internship for the fall (i.e., actually get it; not expecting to get it), can I put it on my resume for OCI, even though OCI may happen before I officially start the internship? Should I, if it's related to the jobs I'm applying for?
Assuming you mean you've been offered, and have accepted, I think you *can* put it on the resume just with the name of company/firm and job title with "To Commence Fall 2016" in lieu of a date. No description or anything because you haven't done anything, even if you know the type of work you'll be doing. Whether you *should* put it, I'll leave to others to give advice on that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Here's a related question: If I get an offer for an internship for the fall (i.e., actually get it; not expecting to get it), can I put it on my resume for OCI, even though OCI may happen before I officially start the internship? Should I, if it's related to the jobs I'm applying for?
Only if you are going to accept.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Mid- to late July.
I would apply now. Then use journal as an excuse to "follow-up" with an updated resume later.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”