Did your reputation as a summer haunt you as an associate? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Londonbear

Bronze

Re: Did your reputation as a summer haunt you as an associate?

Post by Londonbear » Thu May 12, 2016 12:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
JusticeJackson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:There some sort of inside joke I'm not getting? One of the main reasons I chose Weil over Skadden and Kirkland was because of the people and the culture that I observed at these places.
It's a joke bro. By the way, this interaction would definitely deserve a write up in your awkward interaction file.

Edit: also, it's time to forget about those offers you had at other firms. It'll only breed discontent for you to think about what could have been when you have the inevitable bad day. And I'd sure as shit never mention them at Weil; I saw that turn into a no offer once.
As I said in my original post, I knew it was a joke. I was simply curious as to whether there was a reason Weil was singled out to make a joke about. I certainly don't think that qualifies as an "awkward interaction" but ok. And obviously I'm not going to be spouting off at the firm about offers at Skadden and Kirkland. I mean, why do you think I'm posting anonymously on the internet...
I think that was a joke as well.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu May 12, 2016 12:47 am

Man

JusticeJackson

Silver

Post by JusticeJackson » Thu May 12, 2016 2:18 am

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Wed May 25, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serett

Post by Serett » Thu May 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Lotta irreparable damage being done to Weil ITT.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Thu May 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Serett wrote:Lotta irreparable damage being done to Weil ITT.
Rpupkin is a dangerous man

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 16, 2016 2:48 pm

As a former Weil associate, its kind of strange to hear all the hate since comparatively to other "peer" firms, they seem to have much nicer people and they give bonus no matter what your hours are. I billed less than 1800 a year every year while I was there and always got bonus and never got told to bill more. Also, their corporate practices are top-notch. M&A, PE, Finance, Bankruptcy, IP transactional, etc. all have big-time clients/deals and people I know in those groups had their pick of where they wanted to go after (if they left).

Just me, but thought Weil was actually pretty legit.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Mon May 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
As a former Weil associate, its kind of strange to hear all the hate since comparatively to other "peer" firms, they seem to have much nicer people and they give bonus no matter what your hours are. I billed less than 1800 a year every year while I was there and always got bonus and never got told to bill more. Also, their corporate practices are top-notch. M&A, PE, Finance, Bankruptcy, IP transactional, etc. all have big-time clients/deals and people I know in those groups had their pick of where they wanted to go after (if they left).

That's not a thing.

Serett

Post by Serett » Mon May 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Looks like it's the V9 now. VVVVeil tbqh.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 16, 2016 3:56 pm

El Pollito wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That's not a thing.
Yes, I believe that it is a thing. Never said people weren't insane, but generally pretty nice, especially when I talked to friends at other firms.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure plenty of people were leaving if there wasn't even enough work around to give a NYC associate 1800 hours per year. LOL @ that TTT.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Post by Winter is Coming » Mon May 16, 2016 9:44 pm

double post
Last edited by Winter is Coming on Mon May 16, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Post by Winter is Coming » Mon May 16, 2016 9:44 pm

So much WHOSH here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”