Employment forms f***-up Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Employment forms f***-up

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Hey,

When filling out the incoming summer associate forms, I forgot to fill out all of my employment history (they wanted everything from a certain time frame, I provided a different, shorter time frame). I just realized this as I'm filling out my incoming associate forms. I'm freaked out that this might be construed very negatively against me. There is nothing in the jobs that stinks -- i.e didn't get fired, or arrested for theft or w/e. Just forgot to mention them because I misread the original application.

Any advice on the next steps? I of course will email HR and let them know of this. But what can I expect? Thanks!

zot1

Gold

Re: Employment forms f***-up

Post by zot1 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 pm

No offer.

hairbear7

Silver

Post by hairbear7 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:05 pm

Have you already started mass-mailing other firms?

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey,

When filling out the incoming summer associate forms, I forgot to fill out all of my employment history (they wanted everything from a certain time frame, I provided a different, shorter time frame). I just realized this as I'm filling out my incoming associate forms. I'm freaked out that this might be construed very negatively against me. There is nothing in the jobs that stinks -- i.e didn't get fired, or arrested for theft or w/e. Just forgot to mention them because I misread the original application.

Any advice on the next steps? I of course will email HR and let them know of this. But what can I expect? Thanks!
I messed up a couple of my forms for this summer. So i corrected them and sent them in to HR. It did not even occur to me that I shoudl be concerned about this having an effect on my future at the firm adn getting offered. Just tell resend the forms and say you messed up. Dont be crazy.

I'll follow up in 3 months and let you know if i get no offered for forgetting to send in the onboarding sheets asking me what size shirt i wear.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”