DC Law Firm -- Fall Law Clerk/Internship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DC Law Firm -- Fall Law Clerk/Internship

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:46 pm

I go to law school in DC and am looking for input on specific biglaw/midsize firms that hire 3Ls as law clerks during the school year (specifically this fall). I'll be spending my 2L summer at a midsize firm in my target market, but wanted to boost my resume and gain more experience. This may be need specific but I'm sure some of you know of certain firms that frequently hire law clerks during the school year. I'll apply to any posted on symplicity but wanted to reach out to more firms. I can mass-mail as well, but, if so, when?

Anonymous User

Re: DC Law Firm -- Fall Law Clerk/Internship

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Also interested in this

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm

I just monitored Symplicity. I saw a posting in late July for a position with Cohen Milstein in DC. I think they are a boutique mid law firm?? I've been a govt gunner since the start and just wanted some cash, so I'm not sure what they are categorized as. Anyway, I applied, accepted offer, and did part time clerk work under one of their partners beginning in late August. It definitely helped my resume for clerkship interviews.

If mass mailing, I would probably do it in July.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just monitored Symplicity. I saw a posting in late July for a position with Cohen Milstein in DC. I think they are a boutique mid law firm?? I've been a govt gunner since the start and just wanted some cash, so I'm not sure what they are categorized as. Anyway, I applied, accepted offer, and did part time clerk work under one of their partners beginning in late August. It definitely helped my resume for clerkship interviews.

If mass mailing, I would probably do it in July.
Great! Thank you. I will make sure I keep checking Symplicity.

auds1008

New

Post by auds1008 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:37 am

Yeap, do Symplicity. That's how I got mine during law school, I basically applied to every single one that I had an interest in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”