3L No-Offer wondering when to mass mail Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L No-Offer wondering when to mass mail

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:47 pm

I got no-offered over the summer, I want Chicago, and I decided I do want to be in biglaw, again.

Do I wait until a certain time to start mass mailing and networking again, or do I start right away? I ask because I could see it being wasted effort and annoying to firms, right now, if there are no openings at the moment and most start having openings in say August/September.

Thanks.

zot1

Gold

Re: 3L No-Offer wondering when to mass mail

Post by zot1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:36 pm

NOW.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:41 pm

The time to begin mass-mailing would have been August, 2015. The ideal recipients of those mailings would have been federal judges.

Your driving mode now should be panic, because it is well past time to fix this.

SFSpartan

Silver

Post by SFSpartan » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:45 pm

SBL wrote:The time to begin mass-mailing would have been August, 2015. The ideal recipients of those mailings would have been federal judges.

Your driving mode now should be panic, because it is well past time to fix this.
1000x this

Devlin

Silver

Post by Devlin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got no-offered over the summer, I want Chicago, and I decided I do want to be in biglaw, again.

Do I wait until a certain time to start mass mailing and networking again, or do I start right away? I ask because I could see it being wasted effort and annoying to firms, right now, if there are no openings at the moment and most start having openings in say August/September.

Thanks.
Months ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Wait, are you saying that you got no-offered, then just sat out 3LOCI and are just starting to look in March? Yeah, you should have been mass mailing AS SOON as you knew you weren't getting and offer at your 2L firm. But you need to start NOW. Target everybody, not just biglaw, because your procrastination may have caused you to miss that boat and you need to find something ASAP.

JusticeJackson

Silver

Post by JusticeJackson » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Mon May 09, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:49 pm

JusticeJackson wrote:Alright I think OP gets the picture.
Between the no offer and the year of apparent clueless dithering that followed I think it's safe to say that OP is not the picture-getting type

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:21 am

Imagine being a recruiter whose number one job with suspected no-offered kids is to figure out if they can be responsible/diligent etc. and realizing this unemployed dude spent seven months twiddling his thumbs.

Not trying to be mean to someone whose life is probably not very fun right now, but every do's and don'ts guide needs things to link to.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

reasonableperson

New

Post by reasonableperson » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:17 am

Take a few days for a breather to recompose, and then start mass mailing.
You're a tad bit late, but as long as you start soon, all will be well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:30 am

I wasn't no-offered but I summered at a place they don't give offers.

Doesn't really matter if you started this late. I doubt it would have made a huge different. It's pretty competitive out there. I do know that most people I know managed to snag something decent after passing the bar. It seems like most of the postings on my school's career page are for post-grad positions.

Don't feel too bad OP. I gunned since August and I'm still in the same boat as you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:Don't feel too bad OP. I gunned since August and I'm still in the same boat as you.
Same here. Have you been updating firms with resume changes/new grades all along? I did for awhile but nothing came of it and I didn't want to be annoying so I haven't since December. Symplicity postings are crazy scarce.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Don't feel too bad OP. I gunned since August and I'm still in the same boat as you.
Same here. Have you been updating firms with resume changes/new grades all along? I did for awhile but nothing came of it and I didn't want to be annoying so I haven't since December. Symplicity postings are crazy scarce.
Me too. We're all in this together.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”