Litigation In-House? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ticklemesilly

Bronze

Litigation In-House?

Post by ticklemesilly » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Apparently this is much harder to get as a litigator than transnational work?

Is it realistic to pursue the Biglaw route and than try to get in-house somewhere? Or is a gov job in my future?

Gold

Re: Litigation In-House?

Post by 84651846190 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Litigation is a one-way ticket to moar litigation (usually in a firm). Much fewer in house opps. One recruiter told me that litigation in house openings get filled within mere days whereas transactional openings can stay open for months.

Magic Hat

Bronze

Post by Magic Hat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:44 pm

ticklemesilly wrote:Apparently this is much harder to get as a litigator than transnational work?

Is it realistic to pursue the Biglaw route and than try to get in-house somewhere? Or is a gov job in my future?

before you start worrying about "the Biglaw route" maybe you should figure out your thans and thens.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:56 pm

Gee, Hat, you sure showed him ~_~

ticklemesilly

Bronze

Post by ticklemesilly » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Magic Hat wrote:
ticklemesilly wrote:Apparently this is much harder to get as a litigator than transnational work?

before you start worrying about "the Biglaw route" maybe you should figure out your thans and thens.
Forgive me for not scrupulously editing my TLS posts (I also know the difference between transnational and transactional, in case that was going to be your clever comeback). You sure must have a lot of time on your hands. Are we a little bitter that we couldn't get Biglaw?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:59 pm

ticklemesilly wrote:
Magic Hat wrote:

Forgive me for not scrupulously editing my TLS posts (I also know the difference between transnational and transactional, in case that was going to be your clever comeback). You sure must have a lot of time on your hands. Are we a little bitter that we couldn't get Biglaw?
Well, you don't have to edit if you get it right the first time. Not transnational material anyway if you don't sweat the typos.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 pm

-

ticklemesilly

Bronze

Post by ticklemesilly » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:57 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
ticklemesilly wrote:
Magic Hat wrote:

Well, you don't have to edit if you get it right the first time. Not transnational material anyway if you don't sweat the typos.
Yeah, because the way I approach a TLS post is more indicative of whether I am "transactional material" than my near 3.9 from a T10. Nice making snap judgments with little information. So I guess I should make a snap judgment about you too- you've got amazing critical thinking skills.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:00 pm

ticklemesilly wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
ticklemesilly wrote:
Magic Hat wrote:

Yeah, because the way I approach a TLS post is more indicative of whether I am "transactional material" than my near 3.9 from a T10. Nice making snap judgments with little information. So I guess I should make a snap judgment about you too- you've got amazing critical thinking skills.
It was a "nice making" wasn't it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:03 pm

The autism is strong in this thread.

ticklemesilly

Bronze

Post by ticklemesilly » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:The autism is strong in this thread.
You're right. I shouldn't have joined in. I usually abstain from partaking in this stuff but it annoyed me that someone felt the need to respond to a question with an insulting and not at all constructive response. What compels people to make such utterly useless and quite rude posts? Ah well, I shouldn't have taken the bait.

Thanks for your initial response. I've heard it's like 2/3 of lawyers are litigation at firms, but 1/3 of in-house openings are for litigation lawyers. If this info is accurate, that certainly means tough odds.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”