Troutman Sanders Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Troutman Sanders

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:46 am

I have an offer to work with Troutman Sanders and would love to hear others' experiences with the firm. These experiences, of course, can be good, bad, indifferent, etc. If you have any experience of working with them in NY/DC/GA, then let me know! You can either work there currently or summered there or heard things from people through the grapevine. Thank you!

Anonymous User

Re: Troutman Sanders

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an offer to work with Troutman Sanders and would love to hear others' experiences with the firm. These experiences, of course, can be good, bad, indifferent, etc. If you have any experience of working with them in NY/DC/GA, then let me know! You can either work there currently or summered there or heard things from people through the grapevine. Thank you!
What area of law?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have an offer to work with Troutman Sanders and would love to hear others' experiences with the firm. These experiences, of course, can be good, bad, indifferent, etc. If you have any experience of working with them in NY/DC/GA, then let me know! You can either work there currently or summered there or heard things from people through the grapevine. Thank you!
What area of law?
OP here. I've been recruited into the energy practice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
What area of law?
OP here. I've been recruited into the energy practice.
All I have for you is a secondhand account. A family member of mine worked there for a few years in the insurance practice. I interviewed at Troutman this fall, so I asked my family member about the firm. He said the experience was good and he liked his colleagues. However, the pay and the hours were bad. He lateraled out to another firm because of the pay. You probably know this already from internet research, but Troutman has a bad reputation for paying bonuses.

Those things notwithstanding, I probably would have accepted the position if I had been selected. I guess it depends on what other prospects you have and whether you want to work in energy.

Grats on the offer and good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”