V100 SA Position: Will firm no-offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

V100 SA Position: Will firm no-offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Hello,

I'm a 2L and was offered an SA position at a V100 firm. Fall semester, I received grades and to my astonishment I earned two C+s. Do you think my firm will no-offer me based on the two C+s? How should I handle this situation?

Thanks.

runinthefront

Gold

Re: V100 SA Position: Will firm no-offer?

Post by runinthefront » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:43 pm

do better this semester and do good work at your firm this summer. what can we really tell you that's not speculative?
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Desert Fox

Diamond

Post by Desert Fox » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Yes, but only if you don't get a couple A's to balance it out.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:28 pm

How does the same thread get made 25 times a semester?

Glasseyes

Silver

Post by Glasseyes » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:How does the same thread get made 25 times a semester?
Because those of us frantically refreshing for grades with a sinking feeling in our gut are going through the same panic you and every other once and future summer associate has experienced. We ask because we want to figure out if anyone has been legitimately no-offered for grades, and we want to know how badly that person's grades slipped to reach that outcome. And we want to know if our firm is going to do that to us. It's the circle of life, or something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cheaptilts

Silver

Post by cheaptilts » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Glasseyes wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:How does the same thread get made 25 times a semester?
Because those of us frantically refreshing for grades with a sinking feeling in our gut are going through the same panic you and every other once and future summer associate has experienced. We ask because we want to figure out if anyone has been legitimately no-offered for grades, and we want to know how badly that person's grades slipped to reach that outcome. And we want to know if our firm is going to do that to us. It's the circle of life, or something.
and you get the same fucking answer in every thread.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:56 pm

cheaptilts wrote:
Glasseyes wrote:
and you get the same fucking answer in every thread.
yeah if you have to search to figure out that there is no cut and dry answer - it depends on the economy, your personality, your group, your work product during the summer, etc then you are a fucking moron and probably very at risk of being no offered.

Glasseyes

Silver

Post by Glasseyes » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Eh, I agree the broadly phrased general question is dumb, but it helps when people name the firm and say what a specific office does. Someone mentioned my firm's exact office in another thread, and if nothing else I'm glad I know when they're going to ask for my grades.

You guys are awfully salty for dorks who haunt a law school forum years after graduating.

cheaptilts

Silver

Post by cheaptilts » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Glasseyes wrote:Eh, I agree the broadly phrased general question is dumb, but it helps when people name the firm and say what a specific office does. Someone mentioned my firm's exact office in another thread, and if nothing else I'm glad I know when they're going to ask for my grades.

You guys are awfully salty for dorks who haunt a law school forum years after graduating.
OP didn't name the firm and didn't ask about a specific office--and 99% of the threads that are made on this topic are just as broad; therefore, I don't understand how you responded to my general gripe at all.

Also, if you're worried about being no-offered for your grades you probably should've gotten better grades your 1L year or performed better at OCI dude

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Post by ballouttacontrol » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:01 am

This is useless without naming the firm. Some yes, some no.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:41 am

Glasseyes wrote:
You can find solid evidence in my post history that I was the single most neurotic 1L to ever post here.

But apart from just being a generally asked and answered question, it's useless because it's a tea leaves question. If there were a 5% chance you'd get no-offered for it, the advice wouldn't be any different than if there were a 50% chance--just generally try to get your grades up without worrying too much.

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Post by ballouttacontrol » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:14 am

also, just ask one of the first years that you've met. They won't give a shit and will give u the honest truth

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”