Working remotely Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Working remotely

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Anyone have insight into working remotely as an attorney? Anecdotes welcome!

Dafaq

Bronze

Re: Working remotely

Post by Dafaq » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have insight into working remotely as an attorney? Anecdotes welcome!
Do you mean a couple times a week or mostly remote? The only one I know is someone who had a baby about 2 months ago and she's now almost totally remote.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:41 pm

I work remotely for a large firm. I live in a city where my firm doesn't have an office. Shoot.

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I work remotely for a large firm. I live in a city where my firm doesn't have an office. Shoot.
How did you achieve this arrangement? Corp/lit? What kind of firm are we talking about/where headquartered?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Traynor Brah wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I work remotely for a large firm. I live in a city where my firm doesn't have an office. Shoot.
How did you achieve this arrangement? Corp/lit? What kind of firm are we talking about/where headquartered?
I needed to move for personal reasons, lit associate. I didn't want to leave my firm, so I came up with a proposal to work from my home, visit one of the offices periodically. HQed in one of the major CA markets, large firm that pays market.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:02 am

I work from home pretty regularly. I don't live super close to my office and my bosses are very nice.

brick_wall

New

Post by brick_wall » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Traynor Brah wrote:
I needed to move for personal reasons, lit associate. I didn't want to leave my firm, so I came up with a proposal to work from my home, visit one of the offices periodically. HQed in one of the major CA markets, large firm that pays market.
Do you mind sending me a PM?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”