Messed up a bill Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Messed up a bill

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:28 pm

So long story short I messed up a bill. I noticed today that there was a draft pdf in the file today of a bill with a wrong charge on it. Basically I accidentally billed the wrong time to a different client. Do you guys think that the bill has already gone out? Either way I have to own up but one way is worse than the other.

Desert Fox

Diamond

DFTHREAD

Post by Desert Fox » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

baal hadad

Gold

Re: Messed up a bill

Post by baal hadad » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:41 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Mention it now. Instead of aspergianly asking about it.
Cr

Bill might now have gone out, and even if it has, it's definitely not the end of the world

baal hadad

Gold

Post by baal hadad » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Also I may be more hard-core about this, but I print out all my time entries for the month and review them before the partner even sees them to ensure that all my descriptions are tight and that there's no mistakes

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:47 pm

OP here. Thanks for the response. Yeah I'll definitely start doing that once I figure out how to check my entires for the month. I usually release every day and must have just clicked the wrong number for this one entry.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:47 pm

OP here. Thanks for the response. Yeah I'll definitely start doing that once I figure out how to check my entires for the month. I usually release every day and must have just clicked the wrong number for this one entry.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”