NY C&F Attorney & Plan Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY C&F Attorney & Plan

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 pm

So I will be getting a lawyer for the C&F investigative process. I'm not going to get into it, but I have a pretty bad disciplinary history so know I'm going to get flagged. Our firm obviously wants us to get our forms in as quickly as possible, but being admitted doesn't seem to be that important for the next year or so. My plan is to wait until I have a decent enough amount of money saved up to hire an attorney. I don't really want to complete any of the addendum without an experienced attorney's green light. If anyone has a better idea of how to go about finding someone other than googling "NY C&F attorney," please post.

Princethedog

New

Re: NY C&F Attorney & Plan

Post by Princethedog » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Depending on your connections I would scope out Defense Attorney's who do white collar. Any firm worth their salt could probably recommend you to a good attorney who does license appeals etc. for their clients.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:07 pm

If you check any boxes you get flagged, and it's really not a huge deal. If you disclosed everything on your law school app and have stayed out of trouble since, you're probably fine. Even my classmate who had a ridiculous arrest DURING law school was fine. They spend under 5 minutes talking to most people, and will probably just give you an extra 10.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:37 pm

It's more that if I lose 5k and a lot of time stressing, that's a pretty bad inconvenience. But if I do C&F wrong that's potentially a career so I'd rather err on the side of caution.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:43 pm

I was pretty stressed I wouldn't pass and waited a year to submit my app after passing. Feel free to PM me and I'm more than willing to share details and/or discuss your worries of it would help any.

Glasseyes

Silver

Post by Glasseyes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Might be worth touching base with your law school's ethics counsel. They may be able to advise you somewhat on the school's dime—after all, it's in the schools interest that you pass the bar for several reasons—and if not, perhaps they can steer you towards a private attorney who gets good results.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”