How Hard is it to be a Professor W/O Publications? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How Hard is it to be a Professor W/O Publications?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi all, I currently attend HYS, and will work at WRLK this summer. I'm on a secondary journal, but have no interest in writing a note. Was wondering how hard it would be down the line to become a full-time professor.

I'd be open to getting an advanced degree (LLM, SJD) and I'm aware the publishing opportunities that some of those programs provide. Is that enough? Will a decent school (read: T1) hire me with a fairly prestigious background (at least as an adjunct to start) with the understanding that if I do well I'll get full time work?

2012LawGrad

New

Re: How Hard is it to be a Professor W/O Publications?

Post by 2012LawGrad » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Do not apply for adjunct positions unless you are willing to forego future tenure-track opportunities. Law profs can be a judgey bunch, and they often see adjuncting as a sign that you don't take yourself seriously.

Not having law school publications isn't a big deal. Not having any publications, however, is no bueno.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Re: How Hard is it to be a Professor W/O Publications?

Post by RaceJudicata » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Didn't we already do this song and dance? http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=255535

Return to “Legal Employment”