Removed Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
IsThisForReal

Gold

Networking

Post by IsThisForReal » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:28 am

1L, just started. As I'm starting to meet lawyers at events should I be shooting them an email to keep in touch? Just one? Several over time? What should I say?
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ymmv

Diamond

Re: Networking

Post by ymmv » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:40 am

Just remember their name so when OCI rolls around you can pretend you had a riveting conversation with Dennis that sparked your interest in the firm.

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:46 am

do you want to keep in touch with them? if so, sure shoot them an e-mail. if you want to you could say you enjoyed speaking with them wherever and are interested in their practice/firm/experience or whatever bullshit and ask them to get coffee or something to discuss it more

or you could always just do what ymmv said

chicago-gunner123

New

Post by chicago-gunner123 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:12 pm

ymmv wrote:Just remember their name so when OCI rolls around you can pretend you had a riveting conversation with Dennis that sparked your interest in the firm.
This. I honestly don't think you need to do anything more than this. They will appreciate the namedrop in your OCI screener, as long as it is done tactfully, and you won't be expected to have followed up with the attorney since the event

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Cool. I'll just focus on the ones I have questions for.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:53 pm

I used them to help set up informational interviews with their firms.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”