Polsinelli: Raises for Beyond First Year? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Polsinelli: Raises for Beyond First Year?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Anyone know what raises look like for Polsinelli? I have an offer for Chicago office and liked people there a lot. Starting salary is 145K. Has anyone heard what associates are making in 2nd to 3rd year, etc? I wanted to ask here to see if people knew before I tried asking the recruiting coordinator or associates there.

Anonymous User

Re: Polsinelli: Raises for Beyond First Year?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:38 pm

I am similarly looking at an offer in one of the larger market offices (i.e.: not KC/St. Louis). I'm talking with some associates to try to get a better idea about this as well. I'll post in here if I find anything.

Do you happen to know about their bonus structure? That's another thing I'm trying to figure out.

Edit: I should say this at least; during my callback, they mentioned salary raises were "Merit based," which makes things difficult to measure. But, I'm sure there's a range we can find out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:06 am

How long after the callback did it take for you to hear from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am similarly looking at an offer in one of the larger market offices (i.e.: not KC/St. Louis). I'm talking with some associates to try to get a better idea about this as well. I'll post in here if I find anything.

Do you happen to know about their bonus structure? That's another thing I'm trying to figure out.

Edit: I should say this at least; during my callback, they mentioned salary raises were "Merit based," which makes things difficult to measure. But, I'm sure there's a range we can find out.
Returning Anon:

I had poor luck with figuring anything out... it's all just "Merit Based," which is just a big black box. I tried looking for rough ranges (2-10% or something like that) with salary, or bonuses ($2k-15k), but didn't get anywhere and felt awkward pushing.

Let me know if you have any better luck with associates. I'm very curious to know what the approximates are. Also, do you know if they cover Bar Prep? Their NALP form doesn't seem to indicate whether they do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”