Skadden (Wilmington, DE) vs. Kirkland (NYC) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which firm to choose for corporate/transactional work?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:47 pm

Kirkland (NYC)
100%
Skadden (Wilmington, DE)
No votes

Total votes: 5

Pilking76

New

Skadden (Wilmington, DE) vs. Kirkland (NYC)

Post by Pilking76 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Definitely want to do corporate/transactional work, not entirely sure what. Open to private equity, m&a, capital markets, I'm not entirely sure what I would like or what the work entails.

Factors I'm considering: 1. Exit options, 2. Quality of life (cost of living), 3. Quality of work, 4. Prestige (so much as it is a factor of exit options), 5. Other relevant factors I should be considering? Pay is 160K at either firm, however cost of living is much cheaper in DE.

I'd love to just hear general information about each firm, and anything that could assist me in this decision.

Anonymous User

Re: Skadden (Wilmington, DE) vs. Kirkland (NYC)

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Don't feel qualified to speak to the substantive work considerations, but to the extent that cost of living is relevant for you, your salary in WIlmington will go about twice as far as it would in NY. Similar but to a lesser extent if you choose to live in Philadelphia, which I would recommend over Wilmington. It's about a 40 minute drive, or an easy train ride of similar duration, and its...a real city. I'm not sure the extent to which Delaware's notoriously insular bar would preclude out-of-state non-gov't exit options, but I would think it's a consideration as well.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”