Pillsbury vs. Cadwalader vs. Schulte vs. Winston (all NY) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Pillsbury vs. Cadwalader vs. Schulte vs. Winston (all NY)

Pillsbury (NY)
22%
Cadwalader (NY)
30%
Schulte (NY)
26%
Winston (NY)
22%

Total votes: 23

Anonymous User

Pillsbury vs. Cadwalader vs. Schulte vs. Winston (all NY)

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Pillsbury: I am originally from California and it is my goal to return so I was thinking that Pillsbury would have an advantage on that end. I also really want to do tech work (I don't have any background in it, I just think it would be interesting) which Pillsbury is great in and the other firms don't really do at all. I would love to lateral into an in house position with an emerging company later down the line and I think Pillsbury would put me in the best position to do that. Also, Pillsbury is supposedly a very lifestyle firm, which I would much prefer, and the people I met there during my CB were all very cool and I think I would get along with them. My concern is that I've heard rumors about Pillsbury not being financially stable and it being a dying firm, but I don't know how true this is. I'm also concerned that it isn't strong enough in corporate work for me to have good exit options further down the line.

Cadwalader: Sweatshop, the people I met there were nice but it felt a little awk, I really did get the vibe that all they do is work and the partners would work their associates into the ground. But it has the strongest corporate practice of the firms I got into and I think that might give me better exit options, but when it's my goal to go back to Cali (SF specifically) I don't know how much this would help.

Schulte: Extremely good in Investment management, decent corporate I guess, but I'm not super interested in IM and I don't want to stay in NYC long term which I think IM would mainly be based in. Also seems like a sweatshop.

Winston: I don't really know what to think of this place.Not a huge consideration of mine tbh.

Anonymous User

Re: Pillsbury vs. Cadwalader vs. Schulte vs. Winston (all NY)

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Doesn't pilsbury no offer their summers on the regular?

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Winston's nyc office view is just fucking sick. But fuck winston, obviously.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:05 pm

not OP but other than the no-offers a few years back, is there any reason to stay away from winston?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Winston just raided Pillsbury of a lot of corporate partners so I would stay away from Pillsbury.

The no offers from a few years ago were also just Chicago and not NYC. I think either Cadawalder or Winston is the choice here if you were just staying in NYC. Honestly not sure how big either of those are in Cali

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Pillsbury all offered the last day in my experience. It has zero debt, and two new lucrative practice areas.

However, that, and everything else, is just reading tea leaves. Any firm can fail, any firm can decide to no offer, or stealth layoff.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”