Polsinelli? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Polsinelli?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:41 am

Anyone heard of the firm Polsinelli? Can't find that much on them, except for their healthcare practice. Anyone know what's good? what's bad?

Anonymous User

Re: Polsinelli?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Went to a CB several weeks ago at its KC office.

My impression was that Polsinelli is a growing firm that is establishing itself as a strong firm in the region and possibly beyond. Firm has grown quite a bit as of late, and it is respected in the mid-west. Best overall firm in KC market. Also best compensation in KC.

I met with a number of attorneys during the CB and they all seemed genuinely nice. Definitely a friendlier, a more down-to-earth vibe when comparing to firms in major markets. I've had similar experience at CB at Shook: similar nice-people vibe at the firm (but SHB is a lit firm and not much corp work; also SHB is more established).

The new Polsinelli building in KC is impressive and it is located within walking distance of the Country Plaza--which is much warmer and more active than KC's cold down town. (More eateries and shopping)

Timeline is slower in KC (esp for a non-midwest student). I go to a T-10 with midwest ties. I had a CB before August at Polsinelli and was offered in September--but by then I already accepted somewhere else. (Shook also told me they'd get back to me in several weeks after an August CB there)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:50 pm

I had a callback at their LA office. I agree with the above post. Everyone was nice, mellow, down to earth. The LA office seems pretty quiet. Not a lot of hustle going on which isn't exactly my vibe but if you're looking for a laid back environment that could be a good fit.

They have a large toxic tort group that came over from another firm who all have worked together for 10 years. They seem to have a few disjointed practice groups from different firms, I'm not really sure how cohesive it is. They each seem to be loyal and friendly with their practice group in all offices. Everyone talked a lot about midwestern values, but I don't really know what that means. I think someone said they're taking 2 summer associates.

Edit: Everyone also spoke to me about branding. They're working on "getting the name out there in the LA market" so I think they want people who are enthusiastic about that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:47 pm

OP: Yeah, I definitely got similar feeling from my CB! I received an offer the very next day, and I'm debating taking it over another big firm just because they had a really down to earth feel and seem like they are growing pretty quickly. They just bought a new building here too which is still under construction, but at a great location! They only take 2 summer associates here, but they just hired a ton of attorneys/partners, so I'm worried it will be quiet for us over the summer...

Annihilist

New

Post by Annihilist » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP: Yeah, I definitely got similar feeling from my CB! I received an offer the very next day, and I'm debating taking it over another big firm just because they had a really down to earth feel and seem like they are growing pretty quickly. They just bought a new building here too which is still under construction, but at a great location! They only take 2 summer associates here, but they just hired a ton of attorneys/partners, so I'm worried it will be quiet for us over the summer...
@OP, what kind of work do they do at that branch? I feel like I've heard Polsinelli experience can vary widely depending on the practice area.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:29 am

Annihilist wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP: Yeah, I definitely got similar feeling from my CB! I received an offer the very next day, and I'm debating taking it over another big firm just because they had a really down to earth feel and seem like they are growing pretty quickly. They just bought a new building here too which is still under construction, but at a great location! They only take 2 summer associates here, but they just hired a ton of attorneys/partners, so I'm worried it will be quiet for us over the summer...
@OP, what kind of work do they do at that branch? I feel like I've heard Polsinelli experience can vary widely depending on the practice area.

I want to do litigation, which they said has been significantly growing. They are know for their healthcare and bankruptcy practice here!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Annihilist wrote:@OP, what kind of work do they do at that branch? I feel like I've heard Polsinelli experience can vary widely depending on the practice area.
Not only the practice area, but also the office. Their expansion strategy has not been conducive to a consistent experience across offices, especially as between longstanding ones (StL, KC) and new outposts.

By the way, no one should pick a KC firm based on location, but crown center and country club plaza are <<<<< downtown. There are plenty of legacy Shughart attorneys who will tell you otherwise in an interview, but they'd take it back over lunch.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:19 pm

I actually was wondering about Polsinelli too. Just got an offer from the Chicago office. Are we thinking it's going to continue to grow in Chicago? Or has it reached its peak?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Anyone have any experience with Polsinelli Dallas office? Specifically if they allow for split summers? Splitting is a lot more common here in Texas, as opposed to elsewhere. I got a late CB with them for this Friday, but I have a first half only offer expire on Monday so wondering about if I can have them either speed up process or consider splitting

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:08 am

How long after callback do you hear from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:How long after callback do you hear from them?
I received an offer the next day, but also recently declined it, so good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:25 am

Thanks! Are you talking about the Chicago or Dallas office? I have another offer but I'm holding out for Polsinelli and was wondering how long it usually takes for them to get back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks! Are you talking about the Chicago or Dallas office? I have another offer but I'm holding out for Polsinelli and was wondering how long it usually takes for them to get back.
Chicago

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”