Submitted MC&F application late -- does it affect my job prospect? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
magicbunny

Bronze

Submitted MC&F application late -- does it affect my job prospect?

Post by magicbunny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:13 pm

I'm in CA and I made some stupid mistake and submitted my character fitness application late (after bar exam). I'm starting in big law in September. I'll for sure not get my bar number in time, but would it have a negative effect on my career?

zot1

Gold

Re: Submitted MC&F application late -- does it affect my job prospect?

Post by zot1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:34 pm

It will only affect you if you have an issue or more that could potentially delay the process. I know a person who's moral character did not get approved for one year (there were issues there), and law firm let this person go. This person is still unemployed since this this happened early spring.

So as long as there are no issues, it should clear in three months or so and you should be fine.

magicbunny

Bronze

Post by magicbunny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Thanks! I don't think I have any issues. The worst thing I can think of is that my credit score isn't stellar and I had a collection account, but I've already paid in full. I heard the process would take at least 6 months though. Glad to know you can get cleared in 3 month!

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:43 pm

magicbunny wrote:Thanks! I don't think I have any issues. The worst thing I can think of is that my credit score isn't stellar and I had a collection account, but I've already paid in full. I heard the process would take at least 6 months though. Glad to know you can get cleared in 3 month!
Well it depends on a lot of factors: who gets your file (some investigators have quite the rep), how many other files this person has, and what issues you have. I have certainly seen people with no issues get cleared in 3 months, but app submitted in February. I have also seen it last over a year, but that included issues.

With no issues, I think you should be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”