Gibson (DC) or Latham (DC) for Corporate/Transactional? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Gibson (DC) or Latham (DC) for Corporate/Transactional?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:09 am

Considering Latham DC and Gibson DC for corporate (not considering lit at all).

On paper it seems like Latham is the best choice here in DC by reputation and deal volume, in part became of its size, but the small size of Gibson's group could be a real benefit to get substantive work early on. Chambers rank both firms in Band 1 in Corp/M&A but the same is not true nationally.

I like both firms a lot, though I think I prefer the culture and people at Gibson more. Both firms have a lot of freedom to try different areas as a junior, which is also great. I know PE is strong at Latham, and M&A seems good at Gibson.

How does Gibson fare vs. Latham for quality of work/experience as junior associates in corporate, and later exit opportunities? I am concerned about going to Latham and getting lost (or bad work), or going to Gibson and getting stuck without a lot of options internally or externally.

Return to “Legal Employment”