Bringing up Reimbursement.... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bringing up Reimbursement....

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:11 am

I'm currently travelling cross country to interview with a firm. They paid for my plane and hotel, but I'm raking up expenses in ground transportation and meals (The whole trip time is over 48 hours...and this is not a cheap city). The recruitment lady seemed a little scatter brained and never offered to reimburse expenses. When is a good time to bring this up (the interview is tomorrow) and how should I go about it?

WestWingWatcher

Bronze

Re: Bringing up Reimbursement....

Post by WestWingWatcher » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:25 am

I actually haven't submitted any of mine yet, so take this with a grain of salt (and the advice of who(m?)ever posts after me) but I think there is some sort of NALP form you fill out, and also submit receipts with... wow, I just realized as I tried to explain this to you that I really need to figure it out. BUT my main point is, that I think that those types of expenses are standard, and there is a way that you can submit them without having to have an awkward conversation?

Or am I crazy?

jphiggo

Bronze

Re: Bringing up Reimbursement....

Post by jphiggo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:25 am

They will probably give you a NALP reimbursement form tomorrow (if the firm participates in NALP). They may also provide an instruction sheet with that form. From my experience, you generally will get something on the day of the interview that provides you guidance on reimbursement. If you don't, you can ask the recruiter when you're done with interviews how to proceed with requesting reimbursement.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”