Never heard from recruiting? Is this normal? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Never heard from recruiting? Is this normal?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Anon because my posts are being watched by people at my school and I don't want to give info later on.

I had a screener at a job fair back at the end of July. I've emailed recruiting regarding the status of my application. No word, no reply, no ding, nothing.

Had multiple screeners at OCI about two weeks ago. Emailed my interviewers and recruiting to check up on my application. No word.

Also applied for two diversity scholarship programs. The deadlines were about a month and a half ago and haven't heard back about anything.

Is this normal? I've been watching the mail and haven't gotten any word about being denied or anything.

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Re: Never heard from recruiting? Is this normal?

Post by gnomgnomuch » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm

You look in junk mail? My university frequently sent e-mails that got lost in junk for some reason.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:33 am

OP here: just heard back from one firm. I emailed both partners that were in my screener and the recruiting manager. I received this email from recruiting after emailing one of the partners. Does this sound like a ding for being overly "interested"?

Good morning. Thank you so much for your inquiries to our attorneys and to me regarding next steps following OCI. We appreciate your continued interest. Our Hiring Committee is meeting soon to consider OCI candidates and we should have more feedback very shortly. You will hear from us one way or another in the next week or two. Thanks again!

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:45 am

No, it sounds like their hiring committee hasn't met.

North

Gold

Post by North » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:57 am

I would go ahead and not e-mail attorneys you interviewed with to check the status of anything. They do not want to be bothered by you, and IMO it shows poor judgement that you did anyway. And yeah, based on
Anonymous User wrote:your inquiries to our attorneys and to me regarding next steps following OCI
and the annoyance I'm reading in those tea leaves, you probably earned yourself a ding. Chill out and only (rarely) e-mail recruiters.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”