Screener at V100, Atlanta Market, Transfer.... Do I have a shot at a callback? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Screener at V100, Atlanta Market, Transfer.... Do I have a shot at a callback?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:21 pm

Anon because lots of my law school class members watch these posts.

Transferred from TTT to a school ranked in the top 30.
Reasons: cost, proximity to home, prestige and alumni network is stronger at new school.

Ended up top 20-25% at my TTT. Wrote onto law review at TTT and wrote onto a secondary journal at the new school. Also identify as LGBT.

Got a pre select screener with a V100 in Atlanta. My question is do I have any chance at a callback? I'm not sure how to make myself stand out. I'm from a small town from a relative poor family so I'm socioeconomically diverse. Being LGBT also helps some as well as having two journals on my resume. I'm just unclear as to whether the firm was just filling an OCI spot or if my destiny is in my hands? And if so, how can I make myself stand out? This is my dream firm but I don't want to blow it so any help is greatly appreciated.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Screener at V100, Atlanta Market, Transfer.... Do I have a shot at a callback?

Post by BigZuck » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:53 pm

You have a screener, that's good. It's better than not having a screener. But no one can predict your future. Just do your best and hope for the best.

Also, this thread is a really good one to keep in mind throughout the recruiting season:
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=215200

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Screener at V100, Atlanta Market, Transfer.... Do I have a shot at a callback?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I was just about to post that...

OP, what difference does knowing your "chance" make? Are you going to work less hard preparing if you have less of a chance?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:03 pm

OP here. No I wouldn't work less, but I won't stress as much after the fact hoping for a callback if I know it's highly unlikely in the first place or if there's a chance I'll get a ding postmarked the day before my interview.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Unfortunately I don't think that's how it works, emotionally.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:08 pm

It's really impossible to say. Maybe you're a great candidate to them on paper and maybe you'll go in there and crush the interview. Maybe they are just looking for slots to fill with interviewees and you're too far below their grade cut off to have a realistic shot. Just do the best you can and try not to stress too much in the meantime. If you need something to take your mind off of it, go apply to more jobs.

I will say as a general matter that pinning your hopes on one specific firm is never a good idea. This is a numbers game on so many levels.

Good luck, I hope you crush it!

timmyd

Bronze

Post by timmyd » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Kill it and worry about chances later. Is this an oci interview? In my experience, there are some oci interviews that are just there to fill slots. Now, if the firm has invited you to an interview at it's office, that's another story completely because they really have no reason to do that unless they like you on paper.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:17 pm

Thanks everyone. I know it's a tough thing to swallow and I know you just have to deal with it. Thank you for your encouragement and I will do my best and try to mass mail when I get stressed.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks everyone. I know it's a tough thing to swallow and I know you just have to deal with it. Thank you for your encouragement and I will do my best and try to mass mail when I get stressed.

What is tough to swallow? You got the screener, do your best, and youll be ok. The vast majority of law students cant even participate in ordont have OCI.

timmyd

Bronze

Post by timmyd » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Yea, I mean the truth of the matter is that none of us have any idea as to the answer of your question. Just sell yourself, be personable and continue to mail.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”