DOJ Honors App Questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
OutoftheWoods

Bronze

DOJ Honors App Questions

Post by OutoftheWoods » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Does anyone know what essay/short answer questions the DOJ asks in its honors application? The 2016 app isnt up yet and prior years aren't on the DOJ website. I'm sure this is helpful for anyone wanting to get their application in ASAP when it opens on July 31st.

catinthewall

Bronze

Re: DOJ Honors App Questions

Post by catinthewall » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:46 pm

The questions are typically: (1) why DOJ and why these components, and (2) if you could tell the selecting official one thing about you, what would it be. If you list a USAO position (these require a clerkship), they ask about special skills of an AUSA and what role an AUSA can play in his/her community.

The questions didn't change from when I applied for SLIP (2012) and the HP (2014), so all I had to do was update my answers from SLIP.

OutoftheWoods

Bronze

Post by OutoftheWoods » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:18 pm

Thans a lot! Didn't think about the questions being same as SLIP.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:35 pm

In case the specific language is helpful (and assuming nothing changes this year):

DOJ generally:
- Why do you want to work for the Department of Justice and what attracts you to the components
you selected?

- If you could tell the selecting official one thing about yourself, what would it be?

USAO questions:
- Describe the experiences or special skills you possess which you believe qualify you for a
position as an Assistant U.S. Attorney. If applicable, please include any significant trial
experience (civil or criminal), including the type of trial, the court, a brief description of
the case and your role, the dates involved, the disposition, and the forum (e.g., judge, jury
or arbitrator.)

- What role can an Assistant U.S. Attorney play in making our society a better place?

- Why do you want to be an Assistant U.S. Attorney?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”