Cravath 3L Hiring? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hopefull13

New

Help[

Post by hopefull13 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:22 am

avath 3L Hiring? I'm hoping for a spot s a 3L. I underused law schtick but has to turn that intro off to interview a\

hopefull13

New

Re: Cravath 3L Hiring help

Post by hopefull13 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:59 am

When I transferred law school, I didn't love the Options I was left with doing OCI, so I'm planning to try again at 3L OCI, hopefully with A competititive application. My current plan is to sign up for 3L interviews from Gibson Dunn, Cravath S&C Clearly and Simpson Thatcher. I may send a cover latter and a transcript if it ssems appropriate, we'll see.

f you have any advice, whether to help me improve my chances or stop me, I would happily appreciate any comments or advice you have.

Thanks you,

Anonymous User

Re: Cravath 3L Hiring?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:22 am

Just commenting on the first post - Mass mail all of the top NY firms for 3L even if they aren't coming to OCI. You might have to pay travel expenses for screeners but you can group them all together. For 3L hiring, firms can be more risk averse because they won't have the summer to cut you if you're a lunatic (even "100% offer" firms will cold offer people if they have to). The easiest way to gain credibility and make yourself seem like a reasonable choice is by (truthfully) telling them where else you have interviews/offers, if they ask you (and most firms asked me this). If you're interviewing at CSM but it seems like you didn't get interviews elsewhere then that is an immediate red flag, plus it makes it seem like you don't really want NY but just read about Cravath on vault or whatever.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Anyone with experience doing 3L OCI from a lower ranked school (NYC local school)

V30 this summer.

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Anybody have advice for switching to a secondary market as a 3L from a NYC V50 (IE, not a firm that carries a ton of weight in general)? Completely whiffed on my target market through OCI despite p good grades at a T14, luckily managed to get one offer by bidding a safety, but tbh I absolutely hate NYC and am completely dreading the shit out of my upcoming SA and the overall prospect that I might be stuck in the city for even a few years after graduation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:52 am
For those who managed to get the offer, how much of an improvement did you note between 1L and 2L? At the moment, I couldn't realistically try at Cravath with my grades at CCN, but I am hoping to do a lot better next semester than last (did much better this semester than last). I know, don't put the cart before the horse, but it's nice to have goals.

In a similar boat as this 2015 poster and curious about 3L hiring at CSM. Would appreciate any advice that people have, even if anecdotal. Thanks! :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:10 am

phildunphy wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:09 am
Advice re Cravath callback, anyone? Chances of getting an offer? How to prepare? What to expect? 3L interviewing for corporate. Any guidance is appreciated - feel free to PM me!

Does Cravath even hire 3Ls for general corporate? I thought it was only tax and ECB. Also interested in the screener/callback process though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”