Middle of June, still no USAO Clearance Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Middle of June, still no USAO Clearance

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:28 am

Okay, so I am a rising 2L who thought he would be working in the USAO this summer. However, it is the middle of June and I STILL DO NOT HAVE CLEARANCE FROM THE BACKGROUND CHECK. What should I do in this situation? Work for someone else? Wait for clearance?

lawschoolftw

Bronze

Re: Middle of June, still no USAO Clearance

Post by lawschoolftw » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Check in with your contact at USAO and see if you can get an idea of what's going on.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:17 pm

they keep saying that the clearances are coming in from the background check department spontaneously and I should keep waiting.

However,last week they made me amend my resume and send a letter stating that I am willing to give up my dual citizenship to work for the dept.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Obviously the dual citizenship status is causing a delay. Hopefully it is the only matter delaying your clearance.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:they keep saying that the clearances are coming in from the background check department spontaneously and I should keep waiting.

However,last week they made me amend my resume and send a letter stating that I am willing to give up my dual citizenship to work for the dept.
Wait are they asking that you declare that you're willing to give up your dual citizenship just to have a summer job??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fed_Atty

Bronze

Post by Fed_Atty » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Wait are they asking that you declare that you're willing to give up your dual citizenship just to have a summer job??
It could be an issue with granting the clearance. From the military side, you cannot get even a secret clearance if you are a dual citizen unless you send in a similar letter.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:49 pm

Unless you have a special talent in high demand &/or short supply, I'm surprised that a security clearance would be given to one with dual citizenship.

Nevertheless, if you have made it this far, I suspect that your second country is neither Russia nor China.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:38 pm

pakistan is my dual citizenship, which I dont mind giving up.

I just want to start working.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”