Advice Required Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
souravavi

New

Advice Required

Post by souravavi » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Hello, I am 26 years old. I completed my Bachelors of Law(2012) and Masters of Law(2013) in Bangladesh and worked as an advocate (Attorney at Law) in the District Judges' Court, Chittagong for 2 years before I immigrated to the U.S.A. Currently I am residing in New York. I would like to practice law here in the United States. To be qualified, to seat for the Bar examination to practice law, i have to undertake a formal education here. I do not know which one shall I do now? Shall i be preparing myself for LSAT to get admission for J.D. or GRE for LL.M or GED or something else? What are my chances here to qualify for the Bar Examination? If possible, share me the link where i can get a proper solution to my queries and i would be glad if anyone willingly replies the above queries here.
Thank you

Johann

Diamond

Re: Advice Required

Post by Johann » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:28 pm

You need to get an LLM to take the bar at a minimum (1 year of school). I do not know if LLMs require LSATs but I would look to NYUs program.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Re: Advice Required

Post by AReasonableMan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:44 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:You need to get an LLM to take the bar at a minimum (1 year of school). I do not know if LLMs require LSATs but I would look to NYUs program.
They don't. The llm makes more sense, especially if you have some difficulty with English. Don't take offense to this. It will be hard to get the type of score that makes a JD a better option, and also difficult to do well on law school exams. The LLM is likely a much better option for you.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”