DF Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TLSModBot

Diamond

Re: DF, Will I get an offer 2015

Post by TLSModBot » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:40 am

JohannDeMann wrote:
Jason Taverner wrote:
El Pollito wrote:anon wannabe df sux
modz please
gotta be someone who has no biz posting in this thread. my guess is zacharus.
Yeah, no. If I don't go public I can't take credit for my various strokes of brilliance/actual strokes.

I don't have anything interesting to report thus far. No hilarious d-bags in my group, no amazing stories, no fashion faux pas, just a bunch of inoffensive and nice SA's, associates, and partners. Almost disappointed given the stories from others thus far, but not really. Most egregious thing I've done thus far is taking a lunch break to go buy another pair of AE's.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm so cripplingly nervous about getting no offered (even though there's not really any precedent for it at my firm) that I thinks it's just palpable. I have zero, maybe negative confidence. Today when asking for feedback on an assignment I broached the subject by asking if the attorney thought it was "total garbage or just regular garbage." Seriously. Couldn't stop myself. He laughed, but why the fuck would I say that. I figure I just have to be the unlucky one, and now I'm furiously self-fulfilling the prophecy. No offer? :|
just don't make it a thing because a self-deprecation is definitely not well-taken by a lot of people/people will start to think your work actually sucks

J9ofDiamonds

Gold

Post by J9ofDiamonds » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:22 am

zacharus85 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First summer a satellite office has ever had. Other office have offer rates of about 80%. I do good work, and am not that aspie. However, I committed the cardinal sin of having 3 pairs of AE shoes.
for the love of god buy more!
Wait I only have two pairs of AEs. How many should I have?
I only have one pair :oops: . No offer? Firm is traditionally 100%

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:58 am

Pleasye wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was sitting in my office doing work late today and my partner calls to ask how I'm doing. I wanted to enthusiastically say "I'M GREAT!" but thought I'd be honest and say "I'm okay . . .” instead. However, I mixed the two up together and enthusiastically said, "I'm GAY!" before immediately hanging up in pure horror. Partner hasn't called back. This was 30 minutes ago. No offer?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:36 am

J9ofDiamonds wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First summer a satellite office has ever had. Other office have offer rates of about 80%. I do good work, and am not that aspie. However, I committed the cardinal sin of having 3 pairs of AE shoes.
for the love of god buy more!
Wait I only have two pairs of AEs. How many should I have?
I only have one pair :oops: . No offer? Firm is traditionally 100%
New York might be different. But people in Chicago are cheap. I don't own any and think only 5% of people in our group own them/wear them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:42 am

I haven't done any work the past two days because I have been waiting on feedback or partners to schedule meetings to go over assignments that I have to do. I was playing on my phone when a partner walked into my office and I was surprised and nervous and actually said out loud I have nothing to do. Partner was very friendly and said to let him know if I had any questions or wanted to discuss anything and convo was normal after the first 30 seconds of slight panic. I figure this won't result in a no offer, but is this a strike?

Desert Fox

Diamond

DFTHREAD

Post by Desert Fox » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:32 pm

fobstory.jpeg
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:47 pm

I'm a 0L headed to a school ranked within the top 150. I have work experience in the 3-15 year range in the private sector. I enjoy foods ranging from pickles to popcorn, and very much prefer dogs over cats. In addition, I learned how to ride my bike without training wheels as a two-year-old. Furthermore, I once received stitches on my left index finger as a result of a severe laceration. Additionally relevant information includes my passion for Papermate Flair pens (blue, medium felt), my detestation for paternalism (generally speaking) and an unusual and immature interest in Harry Potter.

What are my chances at a V5 offer this summer?

Desert Fox

Diamond

DFTHREAD

Post by Desert Fox » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:48 pm

fobstory.jpeg
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:I'm a 0L headed to a school ranked within the top 150. I have work experience in the 3-15 year range in the private sector. I enjoy foods ranging from pickles to popcorn, and very much prefer dogs over cats. In addition, I learned how to ride my bike without training wheels as a two-year-old. Furthermore, I once received stitches on my left index finger as a result of a severe laceration. Additionally relevant information includes my passion for Papermate Flair pens (blue, medium felt), my detestation for paternalism (generally speaking) and an unusual and immature interest in Harry Potter.

I rate this not funny.
:(

Desert Fox

Diamond

DFTHREAD

Post by Desert Fox » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:51 pm

fobstory.jpeg

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:I'm a 0L headed to a school ranked within the top 150. I have work experience in the 3-15 year range in the private sector. I enjoy foods ranging from pickles to popcorn, and very much prefer dogs over cats. In addition, I learned how to ride my bike without training wheels as a two-year-old. Furthermore, I once received stitches on my left index finger as a result of a severe laceration. Additionally relevant information includes my passion for Papermate Flair pens (blue, medium felt), my detestation for paternalism (generally speaking) and an unusual and immature interest in Harry Potter.

I rate this not funny.
:(
FTFY

Also wtf?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:36 pm

After noticing that my secretary has been stuck on the same candy crush level for over two weeks I finally snapped and stood over my secretary and dictacted which moves she needed to take in order to finally beat her level. Partner walked by but I had to keep going lest my secretary spend the rest of the Summer stuck on level 33. No offer?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Desert Fox

Diamond

DFTHREAD

Post by Desert Fox » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:38 pm

fobstory.jpeg

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:44 pm

DF gets down for marksman hearings confirmed
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Unsure of when to italicize periods. No offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:19 am

re-read through a ten page draft i wrote and sent to associate, very noticeable spelling errors / incomplete sentences in two sections that I worked on late in the afternoon - no offer?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

First Offense

Platinum

Post by First Offense » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:re-read through a ten page draft i wrote and sent to associate, very noticeable spelling errors / incomplete sentences in two sections that I worked on late in the afternoon - no offer?
Jesus edit your shit.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:40 am

First Offense wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:re-read through a ten page draft i wrote and sent to associate, very noticeable spelling errors / incomplete sentences in two sections that I worked on late in the afternoon - no offer?
Jesus edit your shit.
+1. I rarely see written work product with zero mistakes, but don't make dumbass ones like that anon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 am

At my firm they ask that SAs bill 25 hours a week and account for their 35 hours a week. So far in the first 3 weeks I am coming up a few hours short each week. Part of it is I just feel weird putting down "socializing with associates" on the billing or "waiting on assignment" for like 3 hours. If I am consistently coming up a few hours short will the firm care? Usually 100% offer rate firm, though last year for some reason they did no offer three people out of a 50-60 person class.

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Post by gaddockteeg » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:At my firm they ask that SAs bill 25 hours a week and account for their 35 hours a week. So far in the first 3 weeks I am coming up a few hours short each week. Part of it is I just feel weird putting down "socializing with associates" on the billing or "waiting on assignment" for like 3 hours. If I am consistently coming up a few hours short will the firm care? Usually 100% offer rate firm, though last year for some reason they did no offer three people out of a 50-60 person class.
just step it up. you're fine. but honestly, you hsould be billing for everything. literally everything. dont ever cut your own hours.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

masque du pantsu

Bronze

Post by masque du pantsu » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:At my firm they ask that SAs bill 25 hours a week and account for their 35 hours a week. So far in the first 3 weeks I am coming up a few hours short each week. Part of it is I just feel weird putting down "socializing with associates" on the billing or "waiting on assignment" for like 3 hours. If I am consistently coming up a few hours short will the firm care? Usually 100% offer rate firm, though last year for some reason they did no offer three people out of a 50-60 person class.
Just say professional development reading; could mean anything from reading treatises to leisurely surfing WSJ

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:49 pm

DF I'm scared. Last night I went out to my first taco Tuesday with some girl (717) I met on Tinder. After a couple of drinks and some banter we start making out. Things are going well so I invite her back to the firm to impress her some more. It works. We have a quick 30 minute sex session in my office and head over to her place afterwards. This morning I walk into the office with my secretary and the first thing we notice is a pair of panties on the floor. Because I'm an idiot I blurt out, "oh did you drop these?" She did not laugh. Did a quick walk back and told her I was joking and that they actually belonged to my SO. She continued to be unamused.

No offer?

smaug

Diamond

Post by smaug » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:51 pm

modz plox

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Jason Taverner wrote:modz plox

Seriously? What are you waiting for?