Offer Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Offer Question

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:25 pm

HI TLS; Help me not be aspie.

I've been working as a law clerk since last summer at a small firm. Reasonable pay, no guarantee of long term work. Was planning on staying there this summer and praying for the best.

Just got a biglaw offer for the summer. Easy choice, right? Well, the small firm was my desired practice area. This offers me a lot more secuirty & $$$.

So, my questions are:

1) I should take the biglaw offer, right? I feel like the security just kills my floofy dreams, and having the better offer on my resume would make 3LOLCI maybe possible
2) I need to tell my old firm ASAP. How do I do that without burning any bridges?

Platinum

Re: Offer Question

Post by 2014 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:36 pm

You ALWAYS take the one that can lead to long term full time employment. Just tell the small firm that you would love to come back on in the fall if they will have you and be considered for an offer going forward, but in the meantime you have to make the smart career choice and go to the big firm for the summer. If that have any sensibility at all they will understand or maybe they will try to keep you by offering you more certainty for post-grad.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:38 pm

Yeah just ask the firm if they will give you a long term offer

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Why not take the biglaw offer and spend the remaining part of the summer at small firm? Either way take the biglaw offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”