Dress code at NYC firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Dress code at NYC firms

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:On a tangent, when buying BB Non-Iron shirts for a business casual firm, I'm guessing I should stick with solid/striped/checkered patterns with soft colors (blues, greens, yellows, etc.)?
I have some nice dress shirts but I think the patterns or color are just too much. e.g. I wouldn't wear a large checkered dress shirt to the firm no matter how nice is the fabric.

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:17 pm

shouldershoulders wrote:Would an SA be mocked for bringing a Filson briefcase to work? I'd like to have a bag to carry headphones, gum, book for the subway, etc.

For reference, it'd be one of these: http://www.filson.com/products/original ... 70256.html
I'd think not since it's fabric rather than leather, but I make no guarantees. Also that's a pretty awesome bag, I want one.

Internetdan

New

Post by Internetdan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:28 pm

Suits all day everyday. I didn't join this profession to wear JC Penny docker's oxfords, chinos, and an izod polo like I work for some call center in a suburb outside Charlotte.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:29 pm

Other25BeforeYou wrote:
shouldershoulders wrote:Would an SA be mocked for bringing a Filson briefcase to work? I'd like to have a bag to carry headphones, gum, book for the subway, etc.

For reference, it'd be one of these: http://www.filson.com/products/original ... 70256.html
I'd think not since it's fabric rather than leather, but I make no guarantees. Also that's a pretty awesome bag, I want one.
I wouldn't advertise bringing that to work. I brought something similar and no one saw. I definitely need to get a briefcase when returning. However, I need something that could fit sneakers. I generally wear basketball shorts as a replacement for boxers and an undershirt, but like to be able to play sports before coming home. The whole go home, change, and go back out always fails unless you truly want to.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Internetdan wrote:Suits all day everyday. I didn't join this profession to wear JC Penny docker's oxfords, chinos, and an izod polo like I work for some call center in a suburb outside Charlotte.
Like the guy in the $5000 suit . . . come on!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”