all set! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
frank617

New

all set!

Post by frank617 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:16 pm

figured it out, thanks!

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Working at a startup for 1L Summer?

Post by rpupkin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:23 pm

frank617 wrote:Hey everyone,

I have an offer that expires in the next couple of days with a tech startup. I'm wondering if I should take it and finally be done with the job search, or if I keep myself in the running for a few others positions I recently interviewed for (but won't hear back this week).

I am hoping to land a job with a big firm during OCI, so my concern is whether or not this is going to look weird on my resume. There are plenty of standard 1L summer positions that people take, which means that firms are aware of the kind of legal work those people have done. I am worried that firms will look at a position like this and assume I did no solid legal work over the summer (they may think it was in actuality a more business-type position).

Am I overthinking this? I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks a lot!
Yeah, you're overthinking it. As 1L summer work goes, a legal position with a start-up sounds pretty interesting. Even if it's a chaotic mess (which it might be), you'll have a lot to talk about during OCI. I mean, I'd rather interview you than a student who spent his 1L summer at Kirkland or something.

frank617

New

Re: all set!

Post by frank617 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks a lot; really appreciate the feedback

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”