How to get a permanent offer after 2L summer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to get a permanent offer after 2L summer

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:26 pm

I am working for a small-midsize law firm who will not hire all of their summer associates. The firm emphasis a need to hire future attorneys that are entrepreneurial/can bring in new clients for the firm. However, they don't expect that you bring in business as a summer associate. So how can I show them, without overstepping, that I have that quality so that I am one of the few clerks that gets a permanent offer? Thanks!

MidW13

New

Re: How to get a permanent offer after 2L summer

Post by MidW13 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am working for a small-midsize law firm who will not hire all of their summer associates. The firm emphasis a need to hire future attorneys that are entrepreneurial/can bring in new clients for the firm. However, they don't expect that you bring in business as a summer associate. So how can I show them, without overstepping, that I have that quality so that I am one of the few clerks that gets a permanent offer? Thanks!

Don't be weird. I can tell you from experience that at least a few in your class will be so weird that they will weed themselves out.

MarkfromWI

Bronze

Post by MarkfromWI » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Didn't you ask this exact same question two days ago? http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... l#p8492099

To be honest, the lobster analogy was spot on. Another tip to getting a full-time offer, try not to ask the same question/make the same mistake more than once.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Yeah, no duplicate threads, please.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”