Character and Fitness Application Issue (no troll) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Character and Fitness Application Issue (no troll)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:54 am

DELETED (Not a troll). People get falsely accused of stuff based on how they look or an aggressive loser who couldn't make the LAPD wanting to beat them or take their wallet. Most security guards are decent people, others are dangerous losers. I've seen security guards do much worse in my life. I think if you don't dress in Brooks Brothers and find yourself passing through an inner city you'd be surprised at the rate b/w accusations and actual offenses.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aquila

Bronze

Re: Character and Fitness Application Issue (no troll)

Post by Aquila » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Im a 0L but it appears you were the victim so what CandF issue did you commit?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

I don't understand the issue.

If the question requires you to disclose (which I am not sure it would), disclose what happened - false shoplifting charge with a large retailer. You reached a settlement favorable to you and signed a non-disclosure agreement so you cannot specifically identify the company.

Also, I bet the settlement agreement might have a clause allowing you to disclose it if required by law etc. But I'm sure doing the above would be more than sufficient for the bar.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:05 pm

PA337 wrote:Im a 0L but it appears you were the victim so what CandF issue did you commit?
delete
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drs36

Bronze

Post by drs36 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:20 pm

I don't understand why you would have to disclose it in the first place. You were never charged with shoplifting. Was a formal report filed against you? Or were these just the accusations of the security guard?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
PA337 wrote:Im a 0L but it appears you were the victim so what CandF issue did you commit?
1.) The accusation of shoplifting even if it resulted in my being on paper "the winner" is not flattering. For example, it's not something I would bring up until I know someone really well.

2.) They're going to ask about the store, location, etc. to research it. In providing this I breach a contract the same as someone not paying medical bills/taxes, which result in delays/rejections.

(The question seems to be about issues that would put my moral character in doubt. I have these issues, but stealing was always against my internal moral compass. In my opinion, the fact I resisted the impulse to resort to fighting in this situation marked great personal growth. But is there any way they'd find out about the settlement? Based on an ordinary interpretation of the q would this "put my moral character in doubt?")
How would a false accusation put your character in doubt? I get it, by no troll you meant troll

Avian

Bronze

Post by Avian » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Is there a particular question that you think requires you to disclose this? I wouldn't think being falsely accused of a crime by a loss prevention employee would be something that you would need to disclose, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:22 pm

delete
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seizmaar

Silver

Post by seizmaar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:04 pm

if this really happened as you say it did, i think it's dumb to think this is a c&f issue. you were harassed by a power-crazed rent-a-cop. but because you are bringing this up as a c&f issue, i think there's another side to this.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 pm

ok
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:22 pm

The other stuff you did afterwards won't matter, and you don't have to disclose it.

I got fired from a student job because I was accused by a janitor of clocking other people in and out. When my boss told me, I yelled at him in our student quad/university center area, took off my employee shirt, and threw it over the balcony. I didn't include all that. That's not a c&f issue.

I got fired from another student job because my time card didn't reflect my work output. My boss thought I was forging my time cards, but he couldn't prove it. I didn't disclose what he thought, but I disclosed I got fired from both jobs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:23 pm

delete - concern was a paper trail because of e-mails with opposing counsel and money. if i had dropped it, there'd be no such paper trail but i was mad. i think there were 10 some odd e-mails sent, irs disclosures, etc. i was just worried they'd research it, and say who is this from? is it a gift or is there another employer? and then i'd either lie (no), say it's none of your business (no) or say i got a bribe to shut up because of xyz.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”